Nerja Weather advertising is different ....
The Nerja Weather website was created in 2002, but its owner, Malcom Saunders, has been actively recording Nerja weather data since 1992. Many readers who have lived in Nerja for a few years will probably recall his interesting weather articles in the local press.
Until now (Jan, 2010), Malcolm has borne the full cost of running Nerja Weather out of his UK pension .... so, for almost 8 years, it has been a labour of love for him. However, the ever-increasing cost of living, and adverse exchange rates, have forced a weakening in resolve.
The website has now been totally re-designed and we can accept a small amount of advertising which is hoped will enable us to acquire a complete back-up facility to ensure the continuity of current weather updates when the computer is off while Malcolm is in the UK, or in the event of equipment failure.
Why is advertising different with Nerja Weather?
- Nerja Weather is not looking to make a profit. The objective is simply to recover running expenses for the owner, who operates Nerja Weather on a hobby basis.
- Competition is negligible as we will only accept a small number of selected ads.
- Principal Sponsor ads are viewed in a natural manner. Visitors are exposed to them continuously as they browse naturally through the website. They may not be looking for your product or service but they will definitely become aware of it (i.e. branding). Then, when they do need it, they are highly likely to click on your ad and visit your website with a higher than normal conversion rate.
- For a website that is finely focused on a single feature of a small town, Nerja Weather has built up a remarkably high traffic level over its 8 years of operation. In January, 2010, the site received over 7,000 visitors who could surely not fail to notice the ads of our Principal Sponsors which appear on almost every page.
What are Principal Sponsors?
We need a small number of Principal Sponsors to advertise on our main content pages, including the busy Home Page.
Option 1: A 125x125px banner near the top of all principal pages.
Option 2: 468x60px banner at the bottom-centre of all principal pages.
Price per year: £60.00 for either option, or we can accept Euro donations (receipted cash) by private local arrangement.
- Online payment is via PayPal who accept all credit cards.
- We issue a PayPal Payment Request after agreeing ad. content with sponsors.
- Paypal automatically issues full documentation and maintains transaction records.
- Prices exclude banner design which, if required, we can do from £20 for a basic banner.
- The online base currency is the UK pound (Malcolm is UK tax-resident).
- If you would prefer to pay in Euros on a local donation basis, please contact the Webmaster for details.
Advertising on the "Useful Links" Page
- The Useful Links page benefits from a very visible link from every other page on the website.
- The page contains text links to external websites. These links are offered on a free link exchange basis with approved websites.
- By arrangement it is possible to have a banner on an exchange basis with websites having a Google ranking of at least 3 where our banner is within one click of their home page.